The exceptionally detailed client-friendly Complete Legal Portrait Contract provides a clearly defined legal outline that protects both you and your client, by plainly expressing expectations of both parties. This comprehensive customizable contract ensures portrait sessions will always come together beautifully and without complications. The easy-to-understand terms span 3 pages and can easily be mixed and matched into a variety of combinations, making it a fully customizable contract that can be tailored to a number of specific circumstances.
Complete Legal Portrait Contract At a Glance:
• Customizable contract, with space for studio logo and contact information
• Clearly defined payment and fee guidelines for the client
• Expressed details that identify your studio rights and liabilities
• Session and production terms, to let clients know what they can expect during and after their portrait session
• Clear expectations of the client, including items like conduct guidelines and expected punctuality (and consequential delay fees)
IMPORTANT PRODUCT NOTE: This contract has been written in accordance with US law; however laws vary from state to state, so it is highly recommended you verify that your customized contract complies with your state laws. Design Aglow cannot guarantee the included contents are compliant with Canadian law, but as the US and Canada have very similar legal structures, the customization options should prove adequate for any minor adjustments needed to comply for Canadian clients. While we have taken an extremely detailed approach with the contents of this contract, please be sure to consult a lawyer prior to use to ensure you are covered under your local laws.
Complete Legal Portrait Contract Product Details:
• Comprehensive legal contract designed specifically for portrait photography
• Layered Photoshop PSD files for simple modifications
• Designated space for your logo and studio information
• Includes the following contract components:
Payments and Fees
• Clear and defined payment guidelines
• Non-refundable session fee verbiage
• Clear and defined final payment deadline with penalty terms for non receipt/termination of contract
• Fees for post-order changes
• Rush order fees
• Retouching fees/rates
Studio Rights and Liabilities
• Legal terms and conditions
• Statement of artistic style
• Defects clause
• Your studio'۪s right to terminate a session at photographer'۪s discretion
• Cancellation information
• Studio liability information
Session and Production Terms
• Session detail section
• Order session information
• Photo release guidelines
Expectations of the Client
• Information for the Client
• Session conduct guidelines
• Clearly defined session start time. Explains expected client punctuality, with guidelines for consequential delay fees.
• Studio archiving policy information (includes verbiage on archived images and purging of unordered files)
Please note: We supply the names of the fonts used, but .ttf files must be downloaded from other providers. See Usage for additional details.
• Photoshop 7 and newer
• Photoshop Elements 6 and newer
• InDesign CS4 and newer
• Windows and Mac
Features & Benefits
It’s Sellable: This contract helps you create a studio environment free of worries and complications. The Complete Legal Portrait Contract allows you to sell your portrait photography services and products effortlessly, with a clear and defined explanation showing your clients what they can expect along the way " while also protecting your studio in the process.
It’s a Time Saver: We've researched, compiled, and designed the Complete Legal Portrait Contract to be the ultimate contract tool for portrait photographers. Save time at client meetings by eliminating the need to explicitly discuss your process, and provide it instead in writing. With endless combinations, you can draft a tailored contract with just a few clicks in handful of minutes.
It Shapes Your Image: The Complete Legal Portrait Contract is more than just protection*; it's a valuable, professionally written business tool that demonstrates intelligence and integrity, two intangible characteristics that foster lasting client relationships and position your studio as a professional, exceptional leader in your market.
*It is highly recommended to consult a lawyer prior to use to ensure you are covered under your local laws.
A few notes from Design Aglow about our products.
This product is an instant download and is fully customizable unless otherwise noted. A support guide is provided with your product, or in our Tutorials
section. It offers a generalized overview for customizing the template. NOTE: Both the template and tutorial are designed specifically for professional photographers and assume a working knowledge and intermediate experience with Photoshop and a familiarity with layer masks.
Unless otherwise noted, all template layouts are formatted for standard professional lab printing. You can print your final products anywhere professional services are provided, however we do include a recommended lab with your download.
Most fonts used in Design Aglow products are standard system fonts that may already be installed on your computer, or are easily attainable by downloading from the creators. Due to copyright protection, we are unable to include these files directly in the template, but a quick Internet search for the font online will typically yield several resources (font style names are included with your product for easy searching).
About Your Purchase:
We understand inspiration knows no boundaries and that you're probably eager to get started. This product is designed to be used immediately, which is why we made it digital! We do hope you understand, however, that since it is digital, we are unable to offer refunds or exchanges. Before you finalize your purchase, take one more look to be sure it's exactly what you need and that you have the appropriate software.
One more thing:
If you haven't purchased from us before, take a minute to review our Copyright Information
, for important details on how you legally use this product. It will probably answer most of the questions you may have, and explains key product usage guidelines.
Have questions? Contact us anytime. A friendly, intelligent member of Design Aglow will be happy to offer assistance during our operating hours, M-F 9:00-5:00 (U.S. eastern time).